Php2perl is a simple RPC-type server written in Perl allowing you to communicate
from your PHP programs to Rpc Server-type Perl programs.
Writing a RPC Server is very simple, as you just need to add a few lines to the
routines you want to share. Then you can call the routines from another Perl program or from PHP
This may be used for several usages within a LAMP-type of operation:
- sharing object written in Perl, as the perl scripts may be unterstood as
data shared along with the routine to deal with it.
- sharing short-term memory data : write your CHAT program without MySQL
- run the RPC program under root, and then you can access root resources from
your PHP scripts through the control of the Perl Rpc scripts
- share a SQL connection
get it -> php2perl-2.0.tar.gz
*** NEW *** supports Mysql 4 new UDF format (hopefully this works with Mysql 5 too)
VTBM is a package available for PostgreSQL, MySQL, Perl and PHP, allowing to manipulate BitVectors
in a peculiar format, supporting these features :
- BitVectors are compressed, typically by a factor 1:50 (whatever that means)
- Setting or Unsetting a bit is made "in place" without having to uncompress/recompress a BitVector
- finding the location of a bit in the BitVector uses a dichotomic mecanism
- AND and ORs are done block-by-block, so they are pretty fast, faster than a byte-by-byte operation.
- INTERSECT functions works block-by-block and of course stops at the fist nonzero bit
- Supports bitvector ending with an infinite length of ONES, that is, supports correctly
the NOT operator.
That is, VTBM BitVectors are very fast BitVectors for compressed ones. Of course, a non-compressed bitvector will
always be faster than a compressed one, but these are pretty fast anyway, and much much smaller
- about 100000 set/reset op per second on my old 400Mhz machine
get it -> vtbm-1.0.16.tar.gz